Holy Week Pilgrimage in Rome
April 9-17, 2017
For centuries, the Church has called Rome its central home. Generations of faithful have traveled thousands of miles, all throughout the centuries, to visit Rome on pilgrimage and walk through the doors of St. Peter's Basilica. Over time, while all around it governments, societies, peoples, and culture changed, the Church has had a steadfast presence in the Eternal City.
During Holy Week, the faithful all over the world anticipate the passion, death, and ultimate resurrection of Jesus. What better place is there to celebrate Holy Week and Easter?
Dates of this pilgrimage are:
Sunday, April 9 - Monday, April 17
This pilgrimage is specifically planned around the various liturgies and traditions found in Rome during Holy Week. Highlights of this pilgrimage include:
- Ample time to tour and pray at the four Major Basilicas
- St. Peter's Basilica
- St. John Lateran
- St. Mary Major
- St. Paul Outside the Walls
- Tour of the Vatican Museums and a visit to the Sistine Chapel
- Attend the Triduum in various languages of the world
- Holy Thursday Mass at Santa Maria in Trastevere (Italian)
- Good Friday Liturgy at Trinita dei Monti atop the Spanish Steps (French)
- Easter Vigil at the Venerable English College (English)
- Pray with the Passion Relics and on the "Holy Stairs" on Good Friday
- Tour of the Catacombs on the outskirts of Rome
- Day-trip to Assisi
- Walking tour of Rome, including the Forum, Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza Navona
- Free time to explore the history and culture of Rome
Pilgrims should expect a moderate level of walking.
Space is limited to 14 participants.
This pilgrimage will be a "land-only" package. Pilgrims will make their own travel arrangements to and from Rome. We are happy to make your flight arrangements for you, if you wish. Simply note this in your pilgrimage registration.
Pilgrimage package includes:
- Pilgrimage preparation and follow-up materials
- Dedicated pilgrimage guide
- Daily mass, prayer, and reflection time
- All entrance fees, activities, and tours
- Meals - breakfast each day and approximately five dinners or lunches
- Lodging - Double-occupancy in a religious guesthouse in the heart of the old city, just minutes from Piazza Navona and the Pantheon.
- Single-Occupancy supplement available for additional fee ($499 per person)
Pilgrimage package does not include:
- Travel to and from Rome (available for additional fee)
- Some meals (about one or two per day) and any personal purchases
- Recommended travel insurance
- Recommend travel health insurance with global coverage
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Passport or visa fees
Cost of this land-only pilgrimage is $2,495 per person.
Save $200 today! Early-bird price only $2,295. Early-bird pricing ends January 8.
A limited amount of single-occupancy rooms are available for a $499 single supplement fee.
Deposit of $500 due upon registration. Remaining balance due 90 days before first day of the pilgrimage (January 9).