EXPLORE THE WORLD
EXPERIENCE the HISTORY and FAITH of IRELAND
Dates of this pilgrimage are:
Friday, May 24 - Saturday, June 1, 2019 - 9 Days/8 Nights
What you will experience
- Explore the rich history and culture of Ireland - Visit Trinity College to see the Book of Kells, enjoy dinner and entertainment at Merry Ploughboys Pub, visit some of Dublin's most historic churches, and much more!
- Experience the jaw-dropping views throughout Ireland's countryside - Explore the Cliffs of Moher, which stand 230 meters above the Atlantic Ocean at their highest point. Drive through the Ring of Kerry, the most famous and panoramic route in Ireland.
- Discover the rich faith of the people of Ireland - Enjoy a visit at Kylemore Abbey, a Benedictine monastery located in Connemara. Climb Croagh Patrick, the holiest mountain in Ireland and the place where St. Patrick fasted for forty days in 441 AD.
Pictured below (from left to right): Kylemore Abbey, Trinity College, Galway, and the Cliffs of Moher
Please note: The Global Odyssey in Ireland is designed specifically for students at the Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest, Illinois. It is not open to the public.
Day 1: Meet the group at 1 p.m. at Chicago O'Hare airport. Overnight flight to Dublin, Ireland.
Day 2: After arriving in Ireland, we will have a full day around Dublin including time at Trinity College to see the famous Book of Kells, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, St. Mary’s Pro Cathedral, the Carmelite Church on Whitefriar Street where we will see the Shrine of St. Valentine, and the Old Town.
Day 3: Depart Dublin for Glendalough. Tucked away in the Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough was established by St. Kevin in the 6th century. This historic monastic site was Ireland’s greatest pilgrimage centers up to the middle of the 19th century. After Mass in Glendalough we then head to the Rock of Cashel which is the site of the conversion of the King of Munster by St. Patrick in the 5th century. Continue on to Cork for overnight.
Day 4: This morning we will have a tour of Cork including visits to the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. Anne for Mass. We will then drive a short distance to Blarney where we will visit Blarney Castle, which dates back to 1446 and served as McCarthy’s stronghold. We will climb onto the Battlements to kiss the Blarney Stone. After a stop at the Blarney Woollen Mills we will head to Sneem, which is located on the Iveragh Peninsula on the edge of the Ring of Kerry.
Day 5: Today we will travel the road that winds around the beautiful Iveragh Peninsula, better known as “The Ring of Kerry.” Here bogs, mountains, valleys, lakes and sea blend into a truly unique landscape. During our drive we will make a stop in Killarney. We will also stop at Muckross House and Abbey (subject to availability). Overnight in Sneem or Killarney.
Day 6: Depart Sneem and drive to the village of Adare for a brief visit. Then on to the famous Cliffs of Moher, a dramatic great sheer rock face rising 700 feet from the Atlantic Ocean. Continue to Galway, “the City of the Tribes” for the night. The rest of the afternoon will be free in Galway.
Day 7: Today we will take an insider’s look at Kylemore Abbey with the Benedictine Sisters who maintain the property for a unique day. We will end the day north in Westport.
Day 8: This morning we will take on a hike of Ireland’s most significant religious site - Croagh Patrick. This will be a great opportunity for some physical and social activity as our journey through Ireland comes to a close. End the day with a dinner at a local restaurant in Dublin.
Day 9: Following breakfast, head to the airport for our return flight home. Arrive Chicago O'Hare at approximately 2 p.m.
Please note that this is a tentative itinerary and is subject to change.
Space is limited, so register now!
Global Odyssey package includes:
- Preparation and follow-up materials delivered via email
- A dedicated tour director and guide
- Custom-designed booklet for each participant
- All entrance fees, tickets, and donations for included activities:
- Trinity College and the Book of Kells
- St. Mary's Pro Cathedral
- Whitefriar Street Church
- Rock of Cashel
- Cork Cathedral
- Blarney Castle and Woolen Mills
- Muckross House and Gardens
- Cliffs of Moher
- Croagh Patrick
- Kylemore Abbey
- Round-trip, economy-class airfare from Chicago O'Hare to Dublin, Ireland
- Transportation via minibus or motor coach while in Ireland
- Accommodations (7 nights) in 3 and 4-star hotel properties with double-occupancy rooms, including taxes, tips, and porterage (with option to upgrade to single-occupancy)
- 2 nights in Dublin
- 1 night in Cork
- 2 nights in Sneem
- 1 night in Galway
- 1 night in County Mayo
- Breakfast and dinner daily at hotels, including a farewell celebration dinner
- Gratuities for guide(s) and driver(s)
- International SOS fees
The package does not include:
- Passport, visa, or luggage fees
- Any personal purchases
- All lunches and drinks at meals, as well as meals while traveling on Days 1 and 9
- Recommended travel insurance (optional add-on - flyer at this link)
- Anything else not explicitly stated as included
Registration is now open! The registration deadline is October 24, 2018.
Packages as low as $4,895 per person*
* Save $300 by registering before the early-bird deadline and electing to pay by check!
Package total cost is $5,195 per person.
Act now! Early-bird pricing available until October 10, 2018.
- Early-bird savings (available until Oct. 10, 2018): Save $200
- Pay balance by check savings: Save $100
- Single room supplement: $599
- Land-only package (no flights included): Save $600
This trip is being designed specifically for students at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest, Illinois. It is not open to the public.
- Deposit - $300 due upon registration
- Final balance - Due by January 15, 2019
- Invoices will be emailed in January for the final balance. Late payments (after January 15) may be subject to a $150 late fee.
Please note: Payment plans can be arranged if needed. Please contact us if you would like to pay in several installments.
How do I pay?
- During registration, the $300 deposit can be paid online with a credit card or debit card.
- The final balance is payable by credit card, debit card, check, money order, or electronic bank transfer. If you select the "Pay balance by check" savings during registration, then the final balance will only be payable by check, money order, or electronic bank transfer.
- Checks and money orders can be made payable to "Verso Ministries LLC".
- Payments can be mailed to:
- Verso Ministries LLC
- P.O. Box 986
- Notre Dame, IN 46556
- Payments can be mailed to:
Registration is open until filled. If space is still available, registrations may be made at any time.
What is your cancellation policy?
A minimum of 10 students is required to send this trip. If 10 students do not sign up by the registration deadline, the trip will not run and all deposits will be returned in full. Once 10 students sign up, then the trip will run and cancellation policies for individual pilgrims will go into effect after October 24th (listed below).
$150 of the $300 pilgrimage deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations are possible at any time, but refunds are subject to cancellation fees at the rates listed here.
- Cancellation after October 24th and before 91 days or more from departure: $150 per person
- 90-31 days prior to departure: $300 per person
- 30-15 days prior to departure: $500 per person
- 14-7 days prior to departure: $1,000 per person
- 6 days or less: No refund given
Any cancellation charges incurred from other supplies or vendors (flight, lodging, ground transportation, etc.) may come in addition to the administrative fees listed above. Cancellation fees are for individual pilgrims.
*Please note: Airline taxes and fees may fluctuate until flights are ticketed (about 30 days prior to departure). Any excess fees levied by the airlines beyond the original total price at time of booking will be the responsibility of each pilgrim. Also, quoted prices are based on the current exchange rate of 1 Euro to 1.2 U.S. dollar. Final price may fluctuate based on final exchange rates when travel vendors finalize payments (typically between 30-90 days prior to departure). Rates also assume a minimum of 10 full-paying participants.