A pilgrimage to pray with the Polish saints,
exploring Krakow, Zakopane, Wadowice, Czestochowa, and more.
Early-bird pricing extended to July 9th!
- Explore charming Krakow - From churches where JPII served as a seminarian and priest, to the Sanctuary of Divine Mercy where St. Faustina's image of the Divine Mercy is held, Krakow is a treasure trove of Catholic pilgrimage sites. It's also one of the world's most charming cities!
- Retreat to Zakopane, just like JPII - As a young priest, Pope John Paul II would often take young people out to the mountains on retreat, celebrating Mass on an upside-down canoe. We'll make a day-trip from Krakow, complete with a traditional highlanders' meal.
- Tour the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum - A trip to Poland is not complete without remembering the destruction and horrors of World War II.
- Pray with the Our Lady of Czestochowa - One of the world's most famous icons, the "Black Madonna" is Poland's most revered holy image of Mary and Jesus.
Pictures below: (1) Krakow's famous town square and cloth hall; (2) Wawel Cathedral and Castle; (3) Sanctuary of Divine Mercy; (4) Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum
The Chaplain for the Poland Pilgrimage is Fr. Eric Augenstein, Vocation Director for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, and in our humble opinion, the perfect priest to be leading this pilgrimage. Fr. Eric has led a number of pilgrimages as a priest, including to Rome, Greece, the Holy Land, and South Africa. Most importantly, in 2016, he traveled to Poland as part of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis delegation to World Youth Day in Krakow. Translation: He loves Poland and is excited to share it with more pilgrims! Most of all, he wants to share the spirituality, history, and vibrant faith of Poland.
When he's not moonlighting as a pilgrimage chaplain, Fr. Eric Augenstein is a priest of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. Since January 2013, he has served as Vocation Director for the Archdiocese and Sacramental Minister of St. Agnes Catholic Church in Nashville, IN. In addition, he serves as Director of Liturgy for One Bread, One Cup, a summer youth liturgical leadership program at Saint Meinrad Archabbey and Seminary. Ordained a priest in 2004, Fr. Eric has previously served as Associate Pastor of the Richmond Catholic Community and Chaplain of Seton Catholic High School, Richmond, IN (2004-2007), Pastor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, New Albany, IN (2007-2013), and Chaplain of Our Lady of Providence High School, Clarksville, IN (2011-2013). And one awesome fun fact - he is also co-author of the book Idiot's Guides: Catholicism!
Dates of this pilgrimage are:
Friday, November 9 - Sunday, November 18 (10 days / 9 nights)
- Day 1 - Bus from Indianapolis to Chicago. Depart Chicago O'Hare.
- Day 2 (D) - Arrive Krakow, walking tour of the Old City, opening Mass at Skalka Church, and welcome dinner.
- Day 3 (B) - Pray in Wawel Cathedral (site of John Paul II's first Mass), tour of the Wawel Castle and the Archdiocesan Museum. Afternoon visit to local churches in Krakow (St. Mary's Basilica, Dominican Church, Franciscan Church, etc.)
- Day 4 (B, L) - Sanctuary of John Paul II with talk, following by Sanctuary of Divine Mercy and St. Faustina's Convent, with welcome from a local sister.
- Day 5 (B, L, D) - Day-trip to Zakopane. Visit to Jaszczurówka Chapel, cable car to Gubalowka Hill, and Chocholowska Valley and highlanders’ meal.
- Day 6 (B, L) - Explore Wadowice (JPII's hometown) with the Basilica of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the John Paul II Family Home Museum, and taste kremowka (JPII's favorite dessert). Afternoon visit to Kalwaria Zebrydowska, a Marian shrine often visited by JPII and his father when he was a young boy.
- Day 7 (B, L) - Morning visits to Nova Huta, Ark Church and St. Stanislaus Kostka Parish. Free time in the afternon.
- Day 8 (B, L) - Tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum, with prayer service. Drive to Czestochowa.
- Day 9 (B, D) - Pray with the Our Lady of Czestochowa icon, tour of Jasna Gora Monastery, and return to Krakow.
- Day 10 (B) - Depart Krakow and arrive Chicago. Bus transfer back to Indianapolis.
*(B, L, D) denotes meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) that are included with the package.
Space is limited to 40 participants. Register today to ensure your spot.
Save $200! Register before July 9th and receive the "early-bird" rate!
Pilgrimage package includes:
- Pilgrimage preparation and follow-up materials delivered via email
- A dedicated pilgrimage guide who will accompany the group, supplemented with local guide(s)
- Custom-designed pilgrimage booklet for each pilgrim
- All included activities, events, and tickets
- Round-trip, economy-class airfare from Chicago O'Hare to Krakow
- Bus transfers from/to Indianapolis to/from Chicago
- Private, motor coach while in Poland
- Accommodations (8 nights) in 4-star and 3-star hotel properities with double-occupancy rooms, including taxes (with option to upgrade to single-occupancy)
- Krakow: 7 nights in Golden Tulip Centrum Hotel (4-star) or similar
- Czestochowa: 1 night in Mercure Patria Hotel (3-star) or similar
- Bellman and chambermaid gratuities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person) in/out of hotels
- Breakfast daily (8 total) at hotel, 5 lunches, and 3 dinners
- On-site preparation meeting for all pilgrims to review itinerary, activities, logistical arrangements, and prayer resources
Pilgrimage does not include:
- Any personal purchases and passport, visa, or luggage fees
- Meals while traveling, as well as 3 lunches, 5 dinners, and drinks at meals
- Recommended travel insurance (optional add-on)
- Gratuities for guide(s) and driver(s) - recommended amount can be added to final invoice
- Anything else not explicitly stated as included
Registration is now open!
Cost of the pilgrimage is estimated at $3,678* per person.
Save $200! Early-bird rate of $3,478* was extended and now ends on July 9th, 2018!
- Single-occupancy supplement: Additional $599
- Land-only package (no flight included): $2,778 per person
- Pay balance by check: Save $100
- Special pricing also available for families with children
Please note that singles subject to availability. If you are a single traveler but would like to find a roommate, we will do our best to match you with another roommate. If you are a single traveler and we cannot find you a roommate, you would be required to pay the single-occupancy supplement for a single room.
How do I register?
- Register online now!
- For your convenience, registration can be made online and the $300 deposit can be made with a credit card or debit card.
- Deposit - $300 due upon registration
- Final balance - Due by August 9, 2018
- Invoices will be emailed in July for the final balance. The final payment may be paid by credit/debit card, electronic bank transfer, check, or money order.
- During registration, if you elect to "pay balance by check," you will receive $100 off the pilgrimage fee, which will be reflected on your final invoice. If you elect to "pay balance by check," the final balance can be paid by electronic bank transfer, check, or money order.
Please note: Payment plans can be arranged if needed. Please contact us if you would like to pay in several installments.
How do I pay?
- During registration, the $300 deposit can be paid online with a credit card or debit card.
- The final payments may be paid credit/debit card, check, money order, or electronic bank transfer for no fee. Or, you can elect to "pay balance by check" during registration and save $100 off your pilgrimage fee. If you elect this option, you can make the final payment via electronic bank transfer, check, or money order. Checks and money orders can be made payable to "Verso Ministries LLC".
- Payments can be mailed to:
- Verso Ministries LLC
- P.O. Box 986
- Notre Dame, IN 46556
- Payments can be mailed to:
Registration is open until filled. If space is still available, registrations may be made at any time.
Late registrations made after August 9th, 2018, are subject to availability and may be subject to a different pilgrimage price. Registrations made after this date also may be subject to an alternate pilgrimage cost depending on flight availability. Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
What is your cancellation policy?
$150 of the $300 pilgrimage deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations are possible at any time, but refunds are subject to cancellation fees at the rates listed here.
- Cancellation after deposit and 91 days or more from departure: $150 per person
- 90-31 days prior to departure: $300
- 30-15 days prior to departure: $500
- 14-7 days prior to departure: $1,000
- 6 days or less: No refund given
Any cancellation charges incurred from other supplies or vendors (flight, lodging, ground transportation, etc.) may come in addition to the administrative fees listed above. Cancellation fees are for individual pilgrims.
Pricing also assumes a minimum of 15 pilgrims. Pricing may be subject to adjustment for a different size group.
Why is this is an "estimated" final package price?
Final airline taxes and fees may fluctuate until flights are ticketed (about 30 days prior to departure). Any excess fees levied by the airlines beyond the original total price at time of booking will be the responsibility of each pilgrim. Also, prices are based on the current (as of January 2018) exchange rate of 1 Euro to 1.2 U.S. dollars. Any drastic fluctuations in currency exchange rates could affect the final pilgrimage pricing.
If you have any questions about pricing and when final pricing decisions will be communicated, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.