Walk in the footsteps of Jesus
Designed for students from Marian University in Indianapolis, Indiana
Every week at church we hear about the cities of the Holy Land - Bethlehem, Nazareth, Emmaus, Jericho, Jerusalem - and the events of Jesus' life - preaching the Sermon on the Mount, praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, being crucified on Mount Calvary.
A pilgrimage to the Holy Land will forever change the way you read Scripture. It will forever change your understanding of Jesus, the Disciples, and the stories of our faith.
Dates of this pilgrimage are:
January 3-12, 2019 - 10 days, 9 nights
The Marian University Holy Land Pilgrimage seeks to deepen and enrich the faith lives of its students through prayerful encounter with Scriptural and holy sites and through engagement with the local people, culture, history, and religious practices present today in the Holy Land. Highlights of this pilgrimage include:
- Ample time to pray at the significant sites of Jesus' life
- Spend 5 Days in and around Jerusalem and Bethlehem:
- Pray at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, site of Jesus' crucifixion (Calvary) and the tomb (edicule)
- Walk the Stations of the Cross on the Via Dolorosa
- Visit the Mount of Olives and the Garden of Gethsemane
- Spend a day in Bethelem at the Church of the Nativity, Shepherd's Field, and Manger Square
- Renew your baptismal promises in the Jordan River
- Walk the Old City Jerusalem, including Temple Mount and the Western Wall
- Enjoy 3 Days in Nazareth and Galilee:
- Pray at the Basilica of the Annunciation, St. Joseph's Church, and the Basilica of the Transfiguration
- Visit the Churches of the Multiplication, Primacy of Peter, and Capernaum
- Have Mass on a boat trip on the Sea of Galilee
- Hike on the Mount of Beatitudes and Mount Tabor
Pilgrims should expect a moderate level of walking. View the pilgrimage brochure for full pilgrimage details and basic itinerary.
Space is limited to 45 participants. Register today to ensure your spot.
Save $200! Register before September 1, 2018 for "early-bird" rate.
Pilgrimage package includes:
- Pilgrimage preparation and follow-up materials
- A dedicated pilgrimage guide, supplemented with local guide(s)
- Custom-designed pilgrimage booklet
- Daily Mass, prayer, and reflection time
- All entrance fees and activities
- Round-trip economy-class airfare from Chicago to Tel-Aviv on Lufthansa
- Private, coach bus from Indianapolis to Chicago airport and from Chicago to Indianapolis
- Private, coach bus while in Holy Land
- Meals - Two per day provided (except for travel days)
- Accommodations (8 nights) in double-occupancy rooms in religious guesthouses or similar
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Single-Supplement available for $599 (limited supply)
Pilgrimage package does not include:
- Any personal purchases and passport, visa, or luggage fees
- Meals while traveling, as well as all lunches and drinks at meals
- Recommended travel insurance (optional add-on)
- Anything else not explicitly stated as included
Total cost as low as $3,595, if you register before September 1, 2018!
- Total estimated cost: $3,795 per person
- Early-bird pricing (register by September 1, 2018): Save $200
- Single-occupancy supplement: Additional $599
- Land-only package (no flights included): $2,995
Please note that single rooms are subject to availability. If you are a single traveler but would like to find a roommate, we will do our best to match you with another roommate. If you are a single traveler and we cannot find you a roommate, you would be required to pay the single-occupancy supplement for a single room.
How do I register?
- Register online now!
- IMPORTANT: For Marian University students, you can register online with us for free and all payments will be handled through the university business office.
- Deposit - $500 (non-refundable) due to Marian University upon registration
- Marian University will dictate all other payment schedules and all payments will be handled through your student account and the business office.
Registration is open until capacity is filled. If space is still available, registrations may be made at any time.
Late registrations made after September 1, 2018, are subject to availability and may be subject to a different pilgrimage price.
What is your cancellation policy?
The $500 deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations are possible at any time, but refunds are subject to cancellation fees at the rates dictated by the school. Please contact the business office with any questions.
Any cancellation charges incurred from other supplies or vendors (flight, lodging, ground transportation, etc.) may come in addition to the administrative fees listed above. Cancellation fees are for individual pilgrims.
Pricing also assumes a minimum of 20 pilgrims. Pricing may be subject to adjustment for a different size group.
Why is this is an estimated final package price?
Final airline taxes and fees may fluctuate until flights are ticketed (about 30 days prior to departure). Any excess fees levied by the airlines beyond the original total price at time of booking will be the responsibility of each pilgrim. Also, prices are based on the current (as of May 2018) exchange rate of 1 U.S. dollar to 3.55 ILS (Israeli New Shekel). Any drastic fluctuations in currency exchange rates could affect the final pilgrimage pricing.
If you have any questions about pricing and when final pricing decisions will be communicated, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.