Beer + Jesus = A pretty great Saturday.
A young adult pilgrimage to the Shrine of Christ's Passion and St. John Malt Brothers Craft Brewery.
Breaking news! Scholarships now available!
This pilgrimage is being supported by the Young Adult Ministry office of the Diocese of Gary. The first 20 young adults to register will automatically receive a $25 scholarship!
The pilgrimage is also being financially supported by the generosity of the Knights of Columbus (Valparaiso Chapter) and Queen of All Saints Parish in Michigan City.
Sometimes an incredible and prayerful pilgrimage site is in your backyard. In this case, it's the Shrine of Christ's Passion located in St. John's, Indiana. Join us for a young adult pilgrimage to visit the Shrine and contemplate the life-sized Stations of the Cross on their Prayer Trail. Oh, and did we mention - we're touring a brewery too! Because why not?
The date of this pilgrimage is:
Saturday, October 6
- The Shrine of Christ's Passion: Set on 30 acres, the Shrine of Christ's Passion features 40 life-sized, bronze statues on its Prayer Trail. Contemplate Jesus' path to the cross as you walk the half-mile journey.
- St John Malt Brothers Craft Brewery: Nearby to the Shrine is a microbrewery which features a unique selection of beers. Tour the brewery and taste an ale, if you wish!
- St. John the Evangelist Parish: Conclude the day with time to process the experience, to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation, and to celebrate Mass with the parish community at St. John the Evangelist Parish in St. John, Indiana.
The pilgrimage will have pick-ups in both South Bend and Chesterton, Indiana
Saturday, October 6 (lunch provided)
- 9:30 a.m. (Eastern) - South Bend pickup at Holy Cross Church (1050 Wilber St., South Bend, IN 46628)
- 9:45 a.m. (Central) - Chesterton pickup at St. Patrick Catholic Church (638 N. Calumet Road, Chesterton, IN 46304)
- 11 a.m. (Central) - St. John Malt Brothers Craft Brewery tour and lunch
- 1 p.m. (Central) - Visit to Shrine of Christ's Passion
- 3:30 p.m. (Central) - Reflection, Confession, and Mass at St. John the Evangelist Parish in St. John
- Approx. 7:15 p.m. (Central) - Drop-off in Chesterton at St. Patrick
- Approx. 9:45 p.m. (Eastern) - Drop-off in South Bend at Holy Cross
Space is limited, so register today to ensure your spot!
Pilgrimage package includes:
- Pilgrimage preparation and follow-up materials delivered via email
- Pilgrimage guide
- All included activities: Brewery tour, Shrine (free entrance)
- Transportation in vans
Pilgrimage does not include:
- Beer at the brewery
- Any personal purchases (the Shrine gift shop is pretty legit, so be forewarned!)
- Dinner (the South Bend van will stop on the way home)
- Donation to the Shrine (suggested at $5/person or more)
- Gratuities for guide(s) and driver(s)
- Anything else not explicitly stated as included
Registration is now open!
Cost of the pilgrimage is $55 per person.
The first 20 young adults to register will receive a $25 scholarship provided by the Diocese of Gary Young Adult Ministry office!
How do I register?
- Register online now!
- For your convenience, registration can be made online and the $55 registration fee can be made with a credit card or debit card.
How do I pay?
- During registration, the $55 registration fee can be paid online with a credit card or debit card.
- If you wish to pay by check, please call our office to register over the phone. Checks and money orders can be made payable to "Verso Ministries LLC".
- Payments can be mailed to:
- Verso Ministries LLC
- P.O. Box 986
- Notre Dame, IN 46556
- Payments can be mailed to:
Registration is open until filled. If space is still available, registrations may be made at any time.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations are possible at any time, but refunds are subject to cancellation fees at the rates listed here.
- Cancellation after deposit and 31 days or more from departure: $20 per person
- 30-7 days prior to departure: $30
- 6 days or less: No refund given
Cancellation fees are for individual pilgrims.