Walk in the footsteps of Jesus
Designed for the Bishop Chatard community in Indianapolis, Indiana
Every week at church we hear about the cities of the Holy Land - Bethlehem, Nazareth, Emmaus, Jericho, Jerusalem - and the events of Jesus' life - preaching the Sermon on the Mount, praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, being crucified on Mount Calvary.
A pilgrimage to the Holy Land will forever change the way you read Scripture. It will forever change your understanding of Jesus, the Disciples, and the stories of our faith.
Dates of this pilgrimage are:
December 27, 2018 - January 5, 2019 - 10 days, 9 nights
The Bishop Chatard Holy Land Pilgrimage seeks to deepen and enrich the faith lives of its pilgrims through prayerful encounter with Scriptural and holy sites and through engagement with the local people, culture, history, and religious practices present today in the Holy Land. Highlights of this pilgrimage include:
- Ample time to pray at the significant sites of Jesus' life
- Spend 5 Days in and around Jerusalem and Bethlehem:
- Pray at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, site of Jesus' crucifixion (Calvary) and the tomb (edicule)
- Walk the Stations of the Cross on the Via Dolorosa
- Visit the Mount of Olives and the Garden of Gethsemane
- Spend a day in Bethelem at the Church of the Nativity, Shepherd's Field, and Manger Square
- Renew your baptismal promises in the Jordan River
- Walk the Old City Jerusalem, including Temple Mount and the Western Wall
- Enjoy 3 Days in Nazareth and Galilee:
- Pray at the Basilica of the Annunciation, St. Joseph's Church, and the Basilica of the Transfiguration
- Visit the Church of the Multiplication, Primacy of Peter, and Capernaum
- Have Mass on a boat trip on the Sea of Galilee
- Hike on the Mount of Beatitudes and Mount Tabor
Pilgrims should expect a moderate level of walking. View the pilgrimage brochure for full pilgrimage details and basic itinerary.
Space is limited to 50 participants. Register today to ensure your spot.
Save $200! Register before May 27, 2018, for "early-bird" rate and select to pay balance by check during registration.
Pilgrimage package includes:
- Pilgrimage preparation and follow-up materials
- A dedicated pilgrimage guide, supplemented with local guide(s)
- Custom-designed pilgrimage booklet
- Daily Mass, prayer, and reflection time
- All entrance fees and activities
- Round-trip economy-class airfare from Indianapolis to Tel-Aviv on Air Canada
- Private, coach bus while in Holy Land
- Meals - Two per day provided (except for travel days)
- Accommodations (8 nights) in double-occupancy rooms in religious guesthouses or similar
- Single-Supplement available for $599 (limited supply)
Pilgrimage package does not include:
- Any personal purchases and passport, visa, or luggage fees
- Meals while traveling, as well as all lunches and drinks at meals
- Recommended travel insurance (optional add-on)
- Gratuities for guides and drivers (a recommended amount of $150 per pilgrim can be added to your final invoice)
- Anything else not explicitly stated as included
Total estimated cost is $4,295 per person.
Save $200! Register before May 27, 2018, for "early-bird" savings of $100 and select to pay balance by check during registration for another $100 savings.
- Early-bird pricing (register by May 27, 2018): Save $100
- Pay balance by check: Save $100
- Single-occupancy supplement: Additional $599
- Land-only package (no flights included): $3,295
Please note that singles are subject to availability. If you are a single traveler but would like to find a roommate, we will do our best to match you with another roommate. If you are a single traveler and we cannot find you a roommate, you would be required to pay the single-occupancy supplement for a single room.
How do I register?
- Register online now!
- For your convenience, registration can be made online and the $300 deposit can be made with a credit card or debit card.
- Deposit - $300 due upon registration
- Final balance - Due by August 27, 2018
- Invoice will be emailed in July for the final balance. The final payment may be paid by credit/debit card, electronic bank transfer, check, or money order.
- During registration, if you elect to "pay balance by check," you will receive $100 savings off the pilgrimage fee, which will be reflected on your final invoice. If you elect to "pay balance by check," the final balance can be paid by electronic bank transfer, check, or money order.
Please note: Payment plans can be arranged if needed. Please contact us if you would like to pay in several installments.
How do I pay?
- During registration, the $300 deposit can be paid online with a credit card or debit card.
- The final payments may be paid credit/debit card, check, money order, or electronic bank transfer for no fee. Or, you can elect to "pay balance by check" during registration and save $100 off your pilgrimage fee. If you elect this option, you can make the final payment via electronic bank transfer, check, or money order. Checks and money orders can be made payable to "Verso Ministries LLC".
- Payments can be mailed to:
- Verso Ministries LLC
- P.O. Box 986
- Notre Dame, IN 46556
- Payments can be mailed to:
Registration is open until filled. If space is still available, registrations may be made at any time.
Late registrations made after August 27, 2018, are subject to availability and may be subject to a different pilgrimage price. Registrations made after this date also may be subject to an alternate pilgrimage cost depending on flight availability. Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
What is your cancellation policy?
$150 of the $300 pilgrimage deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations are possible at any time, but refunds are subject to cancellation fees at the rates listed here.
- Cancellation after deposit and 91 days or more from departure: $150 per person
- 90-31 days prior to departure: $300
- 30-15 days prior to departure: $500
- 14-7 days prior to departure: $1,000
- 6 days or less: No refund given
Any cancellation charges incurred from other supplies or vendors (flight, lodging, ground transportation, etc.) may come in addition to the administrative fees listed above. Cancellation fees are for individual pilgrims.
Pricing also assumes a minimum of 15 pilgrims. Pricing may be subject to adjustment for a different size group.
Why is this is an estimated final package price?
Final airline taxes and fees may fluctuate until flights are ticketed (about 30 days prior to departure). Any excess fees levied by the airlines beyond the original total price at time of booking will be the responsibility of each pilgrim. Also, prices are based on the current (as of January 2018) exchange rate of 1 U.S. dollar to 3.45 ILS (Israeli New Shekel). Any drastic fluctuations in currency exchange rates could affect the final pilgrimage pricing.
If you have any questions about pricing and when final pricing decisions will be communicated, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.